On Saturday morning I woke up to an email with the subject line “urgent button bouquet” from someone who needed a button bouquet by Thursday morning, who was asking if I had one ready-made in stock.
(These two went to new homes in July.)
But I also didn’t have any fixed plans for the weekend, and I had all the materials I needed to make a medium sized, multi-coloured button bouquet, which was what was required. The customer also wanted a matching buttonhole, which is something I’ve been meaning to get around to for months so I could offer them for sale on my website. So the bouquet was declared Possible to Achieve. With a bit of help from Tom, who helped make some button stems and took the photographs, I got this bouquet in the post on Monday afternoon. And while I can’t promise that this will always be the case (if they had wanted specific colours which I didn’t have, or a larger bouquet, for example, it might not have happened), it proved the bouquets at short notice are possible.
p.s. You can now “Like” a page for my button bouquets on Facebook. I’ll post news of bouquets in stock, new designs and new products here in the future…